|Location:||New York, NY|
|Salary Range:||Low 70s|
|Benefits:||Full Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||BRC is an established and growing nonprofit organization founded in 1971. With a $60 million budget and over 700 employees, we are a leading provider of housing and social services and operate over 30 programs throughout New York City. BRC provides a broad range of programs and services that enables us to effectively meet our clients’ full range of needs. Our services include housing, mental health and addiction services, outreach, vocational and job training, and case management services. For more information about BRC please see our website at BRC.org|
POSITION: Accounting Coordinator
HOURS: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
This is a senior accounting position’ reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing a number of general accounting functions and accounting operations which include monitoring, verifying and reconciling accounts.
• Supervise accounts receivable staff;
• Facilitate the development and submission of reports in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles;
• Responsible for timely reconciliation of general ledger accounts for BRC and related entities;
• Assist in quarterly financial statement preparation for BRC.
• Prepare financial statements and other reports for related entities.
• Assist in the month-end and year-end GL close process, including posting adjustments.
• Manage and administer the analysis, accounting, and reporting of fixed asset activities. Maintain fixed assets record.
• Assist with annual audits and CFR preparation.
• Carry out positive pay file transmissions.
• Maintain lease schedules and related documents.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
BS/BA in Accounting required. Masters preferred. Minimum 3 years of accounting experience; advanced analytical skills, organizational & communication skills. CPA and/or audit experience a plus. Microsoft SOLOMON working knowledge preferred. Excellent computer skills including MS Excel and Microsoft Word
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.